Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your child (ages 4–6) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for children ages 4–6 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes), please check out your local music store’s (Long and McQuade, Tom Lee, Empire Music) selection of djembes.
Wednesdays 12:45 – 1:30 pm, Sept 19 – Nov 21 / 170.00
Saturdays 1:15 – 2:00 pm, Sept 22 – Nov 24 / 170.00
Location: Staccato Studios 4663 E. Hastings St., Burnaby
Music Together art & logo design copyright © 1992-2017 Music Together LLC. Music Together is a registered trademark. Staccato Music Studios is licensed by Music Together LLC. For more Music Together locations: www.musictogether.com