Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children ages 6-8 years.
Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
• learn multicultural drumming patterns
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
• explore movement and dance while singing songs
• play games based on music and drumming
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children ages 6-8 years and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. If you do not already have a djembe, please purchase one from a local music store (Long and McQuade, Tom Lee, Empire Music).
Saturdays Coming Summer 2018
Location: Staccato Studios 4663 E. Hastings Street, Burnaby
Music Together art & logo design copyright © 1992-2017 Music Together LLC. Music Together is a registered trademark. Staccato Music Studios is licensed by Music Together LLC. For more Music Together locations: www.musictogether.com